Originally called the 25th Precinct, this police station was completed in 1887, on the same street as the fire headquarters of the era. In 1929, it was renamed the 19th Precinct, but its state was compromised in the late twentieth century with the city's plan to expand Hunter College. After much debate, the facade of the precinct was landmarked, but the old prison cell and the rest of the backside of the building were taken over. The 19th Precinct now uses the upper floors of the old fire headquarters, and its facade has been unbothered aside from a renovated porch. Inside, a memorial wall commemorates policemen whose lives were sacrificed during 9/11.